Sunday, December 1, 2013

Week 3



Most challenging: This last week I was able to do my teaching and I taught the fourth grade class on prime numbers and composite numbers. I felt very prepared and thought this would be a very smooth lesson to teach. The time was pretty accurate but some of the worksheets and activities we did I could have been more clear and have done the activities a different way so they understood better. So my most challenging part was to teach in the most clear [fourth grade mind].


Greatest success: Those were the fastest three weeks ever! But in that short time period I learned so much about myself. It was a great way to see my strengths and definitely the many of things I need to improve on and really learn before I become a teacher. I am so grateful for the cooperating teacher I had and am grateful for the chance I had to observe her and see how she handled her students in many different situations. I would say my greatest success would be the love I felt for the students. I truly had such a strong desire to help them succeed and be happy. The best thing was helping them understand something they didn't before and once it clicked how they would just light up and be so proud of themselves.


Recommendations: My recommendations for myself and my classmates is to think like the students. Think of ways that would connect and make the most sense. Think of fun ways to learn and remember subjects and activities. Prepare your lessons to be fun but also challenge the students so they push themselves to learn. They will have more respect for you as a teacher and themselves if they understand the importance of knowledge and learning in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Kamrie, those kids were so lucky to have you! You helped them become little math wizards. It is so fun to watch their faces once something finally makes sense. I also liked how you mentioned to challenge the students but to have fun while doing so. I am also grateful for the experience we had in field. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. The students are really the best part of the job! They make it all worth it. Thinking like the students is a really great recommendation. Working on simplifying and refining the vocabulary we use in the classroom is something that I need to work on!

    ReplyDelete