Sunday, December 1, 2013

Last Post


I first of all just want to say how much I enjoyed my experience in field!! I loved the students in my class and I already miss them. They are great kids and very fun to work with.

1. Explain the most challenging part during your field experience.

The hardest part of field for me was classroom management. I was very lucky to get the teacher that I did because she was a fantastic teacher and was great at classroom management. I learned many techniques and skills from her that I will forever be grateful for. She made managing the classroom look so easy but i found out it takes a lot of work. Learning to manage a class takes time and practice and I was grateful for the experience that I had to learn.

2. Explain your greatest success during your field experience

I think my greatest success during field was that I became a better teacher and a better person after completing the experience. I was very lucky to get the teacher that I did. Saying that she was an incredible teacher is an understatement. My cooperating teacher truly cared about her students and helping them learn and grow as individuals. I learned so much from her that will help me to become a better teacher. I think that a success for me was having the chance to teach and learning that I really could do it and that I enjoyed teaching. I have always loved helping others and this experience has increased my love for helping others to learn and to grow.

3. What recommendations would you make to others based on your field experience?

My biggest recommendation to others is to enjoy the experience. Enjoy the time that you have with your students and in the classroom because it goes by fast, way too fast. Value the time that you have and enjoy it. 

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome you had such a great experience and a great teacher to help you. I think that makes the most difference in our field. I also was able to learn a lot from our teacher. Classroom management was a hard one for us also. I think it will be easier when we can start the year off with the kids and they know what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely with your recommendation, I think we all have worried a lot about it, which we should but we didn't leave any room to enjoy the time we had in the field. I think we all realize now that it really isnt that bad and that we have to take it one day at a time. It sounds like you had a really great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that classroom management would be easy for me, but it was actually pretty hard. I had a hard time finding the balance of nice/stern. I was also lucky like you to have a great cooperating teacher who taught us SO much! Hopefully going into our second field experience, we might be more knowledgable!

    ReplyDelete