Monday, December 2, 2013

Last Post

Most Challenging: The most challenging thing about my field experience was classroom management. I love to be in control and realizing that a lot of these kids are going to do whatever they want regardless of what I say was difficult. I knew these kids had it in them to focus but sometimes they were distracted by others or they let their confusion for the subject take over. A lot of the kids would get stuck on something and then shut down.

Greatest Successes: I think that we got these kids to really care about what they were learning about in social studies. We did a petroglyph/pictograph activity and then "someone" came by and graffiti-ed our art so the students were able to experience first hand how it feels when someone vandalized their work. I thought this was a huge success because if you can get the students to care, I think they have really internalized the information.

Recommendations: My recommendation is to just do your best and be real with the kids. Sometimes I would get really nervous but I needed to remember I am a first semester junior and I won't be perfect. I won't even be perfect when I am a teacher. Just be honest with yourself and your students and you will be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment